Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Like Father Like Son


As if Stewart and Christian could look anymore alike! Stewart and I are in having a planning session to kick off our week and from Christians Bedroom we hear a loud scream. I rush in there to see what happened and a huge goose egg split in the middle was bulging out of Christians head. Finally I was able to calm him down, we still cant figure out what happened because we didn't even hear a crash and the room look perfectly put together??? I guess he just wanted his Daddy's forehead bumps (result of many years of hard hitting and crashing on just about everything). LOL I remember Stewart's sister Becca saying that he was a disaster magnet. Welcome to the family little man!


Ok so Recipe for the day: Drum roll please:



My Fave: Butternut Squash Soup. I love having something warm to eat when it is cold or when I feel tired and exhausted and I am feeling a little exhausted from the last couple of days. So here you go!


Butternut Squash Soup

PS do not eat bread and butter with this, please disregard the cute picture side dish !


1 tbsp minced Shallot

1 clove minced or pressed Garlic

3 c Butternut Squash, peeled and seeded

1/2 c fat-free, low sodium Chicken Broth

1/8 tsp nutmeg



Combine shallot and garlic in a nonstick saucepan and cook over low heat until translucent, adding a little water if necessary to prevent scorching. Add the squash and chicken broth and simmer until the squash is soft, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a blender or food processor and puree. Return the soup to the pan and place over medium heat until heated through. Serve. If desired, add protein powder just before serving.



1cup soup -1 tbsp protein powder



Nutritional Facts per serving 1-3 cups depending on caloric intake

70 calories

Total fat (1% calories from fat)

3 g protein

18 g carbohydrates

0 mg cholesterol

89 mg sodium



recipe is part of the P90X workout nutrition plan. check it out on the web at: http://www.beachbody.com/

2 comments:

The Scotts said...

Poor Christian. He looks so old in that picture!

Barker said...

Ha! I check up on you too! I even printed the carmalized chicken recipe last week, not that I've got around to making it. Hopefully my incident will count as my pregnant accident and I'll be done, but I still have a ways to go!