Sunday, June 17, 2007

Tender Mercies


Fathers Day always chokes me up! In our family it was always a great time to show appreciation for our parents and I always had a deep respect for them both. Of course since Dad isn't here to share my feelings with I often think about what I would say if he were and on more then one occasion he has let me know that he is near me when I need him. I guess he must know that I need a visual or an emotional string pulled to believe he is around. Last night as I was cleaning up some of the church books that the girls had taken out of the book case, mind you for the millionth time. I noticed a folded up stapled stack of papers. When I opened it to see where its home was, it happened to be the last stake conference meeting schedule in which my Dad had attended with full blown "Mike Hancock" chicken scratch and all, it was dated May 18-19 2002. I am so grateful for the tender mercies I have been given and so grateful for a father who still is concerned and is near me, even if we are a world away. To some that may not have been much, but to me, another reminder that we are not far from each other. Happy Fathers Day Dad!

1 comment:

Jenny Preece Schomaker said...

So tender traci, I can't get over how much our dad's resemble each other :)