Sunday, December 16, 2007

O Christmas Tree

We finally finished our christmas tree. This year I am calling it the Dr. Suess Tree.


I am sure you can see why. Miss Ryleigh was the creative art director this year and it was about gathering all the same color and trying to see how many ornaments we could fit on to one branch.



As for Ashlyn...well she was just the director. I am sure visions of sugar plums were dancing in her head as she was carefully choosing each space to put an ornament. As she flitted around the room, in her ballerina outfit of course, she just kept proclaiming-- THIS IS THE BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!



I could not move any of the ornaments, like I had planned, after they had gone to bed. I felt so lucky and thankful that my little ones felt somewhat empowered to take ownership in this years Christmas Tree. I agree with Ashy, this is the best Christmas ever!




**Nice Honey**
Never a dull moment at the Smith household

8 comments:

thequailfamily said...

Hey Traci,
I not sure if you remember me, its Sandy (Harrison, although not anymore), I lived with Joe and Leonie probably 12 years ago now. I stumbled acoss you blog and had to say HI. I hope all is going well, you have such a cute family! Have a great Christmas!!

Leah and Mike said...

I love the ribbon around your tree, you're girls did an awesome job decorating.

Paul-N-Daneen said...

O.k. Your tree is so cute and so are your girls and don't get me started on Christian. I agree, more pictures of him.

Stephanie said...

Yes, we like to see pictures of Christian, they just grow up so fast the first few months, it fun to see him change! As for your tree, the ballerinas are darling and the tree is beautiful!

LuAnne said...

Your tree is awesome! I love it! I tried to put ribbon on my tree one year, and it looked crazy! Yours turned out perfect! Hey is Tommy having a homecoming in Winslow? I hope he hasn't already had it. Or is he even home yet?

Jenny Preece Schomaker said...

That is my fav of all pictures- it reminds me of buisness time ::) Traci your blog looks great as always I think I need a change for the new year on my blog... call me I need to ask you something unrelated- Jenny

The Merrell Family said...

Love reading your blog. I'll have to have you help with ours (not that you didn't notice already!!!) A big hug and thank you for the Smith family calendar you made. Oh the memories it has in it! They are perfect!!! No more Thomas Kinkade calendars for me if your still willing to make them again! Merry Christmas!!!
Love you all,
Cel

Stewart & Sheila Smith Family said...

Wow! Looks like everyone had a fun time with that tree decoratring! Love the ribbons! As for the pictures of Christian keep them coming. He is growing way to fast and looks so like his Daddy. Would like to personally "THANK YOU" for the Smith Family Calendar. We keeping looking at it over and over and over. It is like a walk down memory lane. Love you