Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Double Time Tag

Ok, so Daneen a great friend of mine and my sister-in-law Shanda both tagged me one day after the other. So, does that mean I have to tell you 12 random things about me?...hehe...that would just get either way too boring or far too personal. Both of which are way too much information. Hahaha. Well, here it goes.



1.I have a real problem with asymmetry. For example, the new house needed to be landscaped so we hired a company to come do it, by the time it was all over with the Supervisor over the job could have read my mind like a book. I am sooo predictable. If I have three trees in a row I need to have another set of three's close by. If I have a hibiscus on one side I have to have a hibiscus on the other side. It just about drove me crazy when I saw that my landscape lights were not side by side but put at every other length of the walk path. Oh well I need to give a little right?
2.I have lost brain cells. I used to think I was a good multi-tasker, but with the past years endeavor, being pregnant, giving birth, a 4 year old daughter, an almost 3 year old daughter, a very busy husband, a very busy me. I have lost it. I remember when I was 21 thinking about how smart i felt when I was able to remember a clients profile for a year, memorize all the product info and specifications for both residential and commercial applications, help with Parade of Homes houses and deal with School. I thought I was a pretty capable individual. Not the case anymore, I can hardly remember what someone told me 5 minutes ago. Sorry Mom! I cant remember how many times she has asked me to email her information on something and I have completely forgotten about it. I am just going to give a shout out to all my mommy friends who know what I'm going through. This is just a phase...this is just a phase...this is just a...wait what was I saying.


3.I am addicted to white garlic pizza sauce, ham & pineapple Pizza. I have had to stop eating anything tomato, because it seems to be affecting Christian's tummy. So I either had to stop my love of Pizza cold turkey or improvise...and there was no way I was going to stop eating Pizza. Enter in, white pizza sauce. I really cant get enough of it.


4.Ok possibly my most embarrassing piece of information. I think I am going to buy maternity jeans from here on out. I purchased some jeans for this last pregnancy and decided to splurge a little on them so they would fit my size 36" inseam. They were so comfortable that I thought they would be nice transition jeans after the baby arrived. Notice I said transition. I might have just made the transition to stay in maternity jeans. Lets talk about this...No Annoying button to dig into your less then firm tummy and no zipper to have to yank down when you have 3 crying children starved for attention, when you have held it as long as you possibly could before you finally exploded and wet yourself. Up and down ladies...its so easy. I wonder what Stacey and Clinton from what not to wear would say.


5.I love to dance. Stew dies when I am in the car jammin' out to the music while we are stopped at a red light with cars on all four sides of us. I have thankfully passed the jean down to the girls. It is so fun to see them rock out to any song with a beat. Ashlyn's favorite place is the front of the abercrombie store. They really crank the music in that place. Get down get down...do do doot, do do doot!


6.I have a pretty high pain tolerance. Most people would probably assume that I would be a little whiney when it comes to pain, but in a proud and glorified posting moment, I would like to share a little boast about myself. Hahaha. I have proudly endured 2 natural childbirths. But maybe I should add I didn't want to. It was not self inflicted or maybe it was, whatever the case may be my body will not except epidurals. apparently, it doesn't like them. This last pregnancy as I went into triage the nurse said "I believe you when you say you are in labor, but you outwardly you aren't showing any signs." I asked her what she meant and she said well you aren't verbalizing how painful your contractions are. I finally asked if I needed to moan to be admitted into a room. As you all can probably imagine it didn't take long to get into one after that. Then boy o boy I really wanted and epi. but after I had the 12" needle stuck in my back it was time to push. WHAT? No pain relief again...fine! I think the anesthesiologist felt so bad he was just standing there in amazement that it didn't work. I looked over at him and said no offense but I am not paying for that...its not working. He kept apologizing, really I don't know what was happening all I could think about was getting the baby out and not having anymore pain. Well, it must have been a traumatizing experience for him because he never billed me for that epidural.

That in a nutshell is a few things about me. I pass this little tag on to (Stephanie, Kamarie, Leah, and Meg) P.s. Jenny if you even read this tag your it too!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristal said...

Traci, I don't know if you remember me, Kristal hatch from Joseph City. Anyway, I came across your blog from Tim and Stephanie's. SO CUTE! Your girls are adorable!!!! K, and I have to second you on those maternity jeans! Seems like mormons go from one pregnancy to the next anyways, may as well stay in them. Anyway, looks like things are going great for you, your blog is adorable too!!

Whiting Family said...

I love reading these tags!!! Its fun to get to know more about your friends.
P.S. I have lost brain cells too!!! Love you guys & have a Merry Christmas!

Paul-N-Daneen said...

I'm so with you on the whole brain cells thing. I feel like I need to carry around a notepad. How did I survive college?

Angie Whitman said...

That was so fun to read. I completely follow you on the loss of memory. It makes me very afraid...especially when I can't find a pen to write it down on one of my 10 lists I always have going (so I don't forget stuff). Hope your family has a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Stewart & Sheila Smith Family said...

Hey Traci,
Glad you were tagged because it is so fun to read these things. Brain cells - well girl now that I am 60 there are very few left!!!! As for the pull up jeans - what can I say but that they are the only way to go especially for a Grandma! Lve ya Mom