Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Why oh why!!!


I found this picture by Jill Greenberg searching the web for the perfect crying child picture that might somehow depict my week so far...yes I know its only Wednesday! I know every mother in the world has gone through a week like mine but I want to write about it so I remember how great "normal" days are. It started Sunday with Ashlyn telling us about her "chooters", that's her way of explaining the crackling noises in her ears. Well its typical for her to tell us about it, fast forward to Monday, she was fine all day and then the evening fell and as you all know how the saying goes; all "heck" broke loose. Sure lets have a raging ear infection that no numbing drops or Tylenol will solve at 11:30 at night. Ok so we worked with her until about 2:30. Back to Monday morning. Ryleigh's eye was goopy and a little swollen, so I called the doctor, the answer? Oh she probably just has allergies. Watch it and give us a call if she needs anything. Ok here we are again fast forwarding to Monday night. In between putting Ashlyn down we were helping a crying Ryeligh. Her eye now swollen shut and goop in both eyes at 1:00am. Fine we can handle 2 kids no problem. Wait whats this a screaming 3 month old, inconsolable, this isn't like Christian, something must be wrong! Fine! Lets try this, Tylenol, warm rice bag on tummy, gas drops and finally teething gel. YES!!! We finally lay down to sleep and have all three kids in bed with us one after the other. 3:30am sleep! Hallelujah...6:00am already we just closed our eyes. Well at least we can get to the doctor! Diagnosis, Ashlyn: Throat infection & Ear Infection, Ryleigh: a scratched eye turned into bacteria infection (we were told if it got anymore swollen we would have to go to the ER to have her on an iv or else she might loose sight in her eye...ahhhh WHAT!) Christian: Teething & Cutting in...his eye teeth...WHAT!!!! With prescriptions in hand, at least we can sleep tonight. Nope we pulled an all nighter again! Mad screaming in pain crying children. So I am tallying my hours of sleep 5 Total in 2 nights. I love my babies! With Stewart gone from 6:00am - 10:00pm he needs his rest, but i need my hair. I think i have just about pulled it all out!

10 comments:

Lani said...

How did you get that picture of me? :) That is what I do at the end of some days! Right now, our family has strep throat and I can totally sympathize with you on Stewarts long hours, I call Eric at least twice a day looking just like the girl in the picture!! There's a reason mothers love their children so much, it's so we can make it through these times....Good Luck!

Paul-N-Daneen said...

Until I just read your blog post I was sad that I have not had any more children.

Paul-N-Daneen said...

But if I was around I would totally take Christian off your hands. Hes a cuttie.

Anonymous said...

Actually your comment made me remember that I do have all the pics downloaded on my computer at home. Does Reed have your email? If not let me know it and I will send them over. Sounds like you guys have been very BUSY!! Dont forget your Christmas gift, bring those kids over whenever and you and Stew can go relax. :)

Jenny Preece Schomaker said...

LOVE YA TRACI! j

LuAnne said...

I hope your babies get feeling better - and you too! I hate it when kids are sick. Mine both had a fever at the same time & it was not fun! Good luck! I hope things get better for you this week!

Angie Whitman said...

All I can say is...I am so sorry and I can relate. Those moments are the ones that bond you to your children, its too bad its always in the middle of the night. I don't think I've ever gone to the ER in the daytime.
That picture of the little girl is hilarious!:)

The Merrell Family said...

Mom mentioned to me that you guys had sick kids. I had no idea!!! Wish I could be there to help! You guys are great parents. Hang in there! Give the kids a hug from all of us! Hope all is well soon!

Stewart & Sheila Smith Family said...

Well Traci,
For what it's worth I remember those days gone by. Hard as they are you will get through them and look back and remember. Sorry we have been to sick to come and help out.
Love you Mom

Anonymous said...

Well, it took Amber a couple of tries to convince me that the picture was not of you. Just kidding. Thanks for writing on our blog it makes us feel like we kinda have friends. Oh and thanks for the whistle, I got it a lot. Oh and I think I may be the only dude that reads blogs cuz I don't see any others writing or making comments. Amber says hi too.